I have received my PhD degree in Computer Engineering from Bogazici University in 2001. After working as a post-doc for 18 months in Broadband and Wireless Networking Lab at Georgia Institute of Technology, I was appointed as a visiting professor at Georgia Tech Savannah for two years. Currently, I am a professor in the Department of Computer Engineering at Bogazici University. I am a faculty member of the Computer Networks Research Lab (NetLab) and I lead the WiMax & Cognitive Radio Research Group (WiCo). I also take part in TAM funded by the State Planning Organization of Turkey (DPT).
(Copyright notice: Personal use of this material only for academic purposes is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the publisher.)
- B. Tepekule, A.E. Pusane, H.B. Yilmaz, C.-B. Chae, T. Tugcu, “ISI Mitigation Techniques in Molecular Communication,” accepted to IEEE Transactions on Molecular, Biological, and Multi-Scale Communications.
- S. Eryigit, S. Bayhan, J. Kangasharju, and T. Tugcu, “Optimal Cooperator Set Selection in Social Cognitive Radio Networks,” accepted to IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Computing.
- B. Tepekule, A.E. Pusane, M.Ş. Kuran, T. Tugcu, "A Novel Pre-Equalization Method for Molecular Communication via Diffusion in Nanonetworks," accepted to IEEE Communications Letters.
- H. B. Yilmaz and T. Tugcu, "Location Estimation-based Radio Environment Map Construction in Fading Channels," Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Vol. 15, No, 3, pp. 561-570, February 2015. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/wcm.2367)
- H. B. Yilmaz, T. Tugcu, and F. Alagoz, "Novel quantization-based spectrum sensing scheme under imperfect reporting channel and false reports," International Journal of Communication Systems, Vol. 27, No. 10, pp. 1459-1475, October 2014. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/dac.2408).
- S. Eryigit, G. Gür, S. Bayhan, and T. Tugcu, “Energy Efﬁciency is a Subtle Concept: Fundamental Trade-offs for Cognitive Radio Networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 52, No. 7, pp. 30-36, July 2014.
- H. B. Yilmaz, A. C. Heren, T. Tugcu, and C.-B. Chae, "Three-Dimensional Channel Characteristics for Molecular Communications with an Absorbing Receiver," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 929-932. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2014.2320917)
- A. Akkaya, G. Genc, and T. Tugcu, “HLA Based Architecture for Molecular Communication Simulation,” Elsevier Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory (SIMPAT), Vol. 42, pp. 163-177, March 2014. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.simpat.2013.12.012)
- H. B. Yilmaz, S. Bayhan, T. Tugcu, and F. Alagöz, "Radio environment map as enabler for practical cognitive radio networks," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 51, No. 12, pp. 162-169, Dec. 2013.
- S. Bayhan, S.Eryigit, F.Alagöz, T. Tugcu, "Low Complexity Uplink Schedulers for Energy-Efficient Cognitive Radio Networks," IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 363-366, April 2013.
- S. Eryigit, S. Bayhan, and T. Tugcu, "Energy-Efficient Multi-Channel Cooperative Sensing Scheduling with Heterogeneous Channel Conditions for Cognitive Radio Networks", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 62, No. 6, pp. 2690-2699, July 2013.
- M. S. Kuran, T. Tugcu, and B. O. Edis, "Calcium Signaling: Overview and Research Directions of a Molecular Communication Paradigm," IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 20-27, October 2012.
- M. S. Kuran, H. B. Yilmaz, T. Tugcu, I. F. Akyildiz, "Interference Effects on Modulation Techniques in Diffusion Based Nanonetworks," Elsevier Nano Communication Networks Journal, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 65-73, March 2012.
- S. Ulug, M. Ozyurt, and T. Tugcu, “WISDoM-SD: Wireless IPTV Service Distribution over Mesh Mode via Space Diversity,” Ad Hoc Networks (Elsevier) Journal, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 178-192, January 2014. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2011.08.006)
- D. Cavdar, H. B. Yilmaz, T. Tugcu, and F. Alagoz, "Analytical Modeling and Resource Planning for Cognitive Radio Systems," Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal, Wiley Press, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 277-292, 2012.
- M. S. Kuran, H. B. Yilmaz, T. Tugcu, and B. Ozerman, “Energy Model for Communication via Diffusion in Nanonetworks,” Elsevier Nano Communication Networks, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 86-95, July 2010.
- M. S. Kuran, G. Gur, T. Tugcu, and F. Alagoz, "Applications of Cross-Layer Paradigm for Improving the Performance of WiMAX," IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 86-95, June 2010.
- O. Turkyilmaz, F. Alagoz, G. Gur, and T. Tugcu, “Environment Aware Location Estimation in Cellular Networks,” EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Vol. 2008, Article ID 276456.
- M. S. Kuran and T. Tugcu, “A Survey on Emerging Broadband Wireless Access Technologies,” Computer Networks, Vol. 51, No. 11, pp 3013-3046, August 2007.
- T. Tugcu, H. B. Yilmaz, and F. Vainstein, "Analytical Modeling of CAC in Next Generation Wireless Systems," Computer Networks, Vol. 50, No:17, pp. 3466-3484, December 2006.
- J. McNair, T. Tugcu, W. Wang, and J. Xie, "A Survey of Cross-layer Performance Enhancements for Mobile IP Networks," Computer Networks Journal, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 119-146, 2005.
- T. Tugcu and C. Ersoy, “A New Call Admission Control Scheme Based on Mobile Position Estimation in DS-CDMA Systems,” ACM/Kluwer Journal of Wireless Networks, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 341-351, 2005.
- T. Tugcu and C. Ersoy, “How a New Realistic Mobility Model Can Effect the Relative Performance of a Mobile Networking Scheme,” Wiley Journal on Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 383-394, 2004.