European Funding for 2 Full-Time PhD Positions in the H2020 project “AffecTech: Personal Technologies for Affective Health” available
The Department of Computer Engineering (CMPE) of Boğaziçi University is a partner of the European research project “AffecTech: Personal Technologies for Affective Health”. Within the project duration of 3 years, CMPE will develop mobile and wearable self-help technologies for capturing emotions and their regulation in real life. For example, personal electronic stress assistants will be developed which continuously monitor the stress level in daily life and proactively suggest how to better deal with stress.
AffecTech provides European funding for 2 full-time PhD positions at CMPE. Applicants can be of any nationality. Review of the applications will begin on February 9, 2017. The positions will remain open until filled. Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Applicants must be Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs): at the date of recruitment, applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when the applicant obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country they apply to for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account.
- Applicants must be eligible to the PhD program of CMPE. Please find further details from here: http://www.cmpe.boun.edu.tr/graduate/cmpe/phd
- Practical experience in sensor data collection and processing. Sensors of interest include inertial measurement units, ECG, EMG, EOG, and EDA.
- Background in artificial intelligence, data mining, machine learning, statistics
- Experience in experiment design involving human subjects
- Practical experiences in the development of mobile/wearable/ubiquitous technologies
Applicants submit a CV and a motivation letter that explains their particular eligibility to the project coordinator Dr. Bert Arnrich. Successful applicants are conditionally accepted under the premise that CMPE will accept their PhD application.