Professor and Chair of at
Cofounder of , NETLAB
Vice-Director of the
- Established in 1863, is one of the top ranking universities in Turkey
- is accepting the top rank undergraduate and graduate students. Currently the department has close to 500 graduate students.
-With its 70 members is the largest research group in Turkey working on computer networks, wireless communications and mobile applications.
-Wireless Sensor Networks Research Group with its 20 members, is involved in EU Horizon 2020, FP7, COST, State Planning Organization of Turkey, TUBITAK, Bogazici University Research Fund and private sector funded research activities focusing on ubiquitous computing, applied information processing for ambient intelligence and pervasive health applications, smart homes, smart cities, Internet of Things, mobile/vehicular cloud/fog/edge systems, 5G and beyond, network virtualization and software defined networks, self organized networks, green cellular networks, dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP.
-, Telecommunications and Informatics Technologies Research Center has been established with the goals: to create a national platform for inter-disciplinary research and applications in all areas related to telecommunications and informatics technologies and to build national and international collaboration including the industry in all related areas.
•Pervasive health applications
•Smart homes, smart cities
•Internet of Things
•5G and beyond, SDN/NFV, SON
•Vehicular edge/fog computing
•Multitier cloud/edge systems
•Service Centric Networking
•Federated Learning for Computer Networks
•Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP
- Video Clip (in Turkish with English subtitles)
- developed in our group is available for Edge Computing Simulations.
- Osman Tugay Başaran completed his MS thesis with the title Unsupervised/semi-supervised learning-based stress level detection using unobtrusive wearables in the wild
- Niaz Chalabianloo completed his PhD thesis with the title "Stress Measurement and Regulation in Real-Life Using Affective Technologies"
İhsan Mert Özçelik completed his PhD thesis with the title "SDN-assisted Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH)"