CmpE 544 Pattern
Fall Semester 2014-2015
Introduction to Machine
Learning 3e, The MIT Press,
2014. It's fine if you have a copy of the first edition or the second edition, or its Turkish translation.
- Chap 1. Introduction
- Chap 2. Supervised Learning
- Chap 3. Bayesian Decision Theory
- Chap 4. Parametric Methods
- Chap 5. Multivariate Methods
- Chap 6. Dimensionality Reduction
- Chap 7. Clustering
- Chap 8. Nonparametric Methods
- Chap 9. Decision Trees
- Chap 13. Hidden Markov Models
There will be
4-5 computer howeworks. I recommend using Matlab.
introduce the student to the problems related to pattern recognition and
discuss how solutions may be attempted using statistical techniques. This
course is followed by and is a prerequisite for CmpE 545 Artificial
Prerequisite by Topic
level calculus, probability theory. Prior experience in a high-level
Almost all homeworks
require computer simulations. I recommend using Matlab.
· 1 Project 0.30
· 1 Final 0.30
· Homeworks 0.40
modified on Oct 1, 2014.