Handan Gul CALIKLI
Post Doctoral Research Fellow @ Data Science Laboratory,
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
Phone: +1 416-979-5303
Office: Kerr Hall, KHE 334
Office hours: arranged by e-mail
Interests Publications Education Teaching Resume
- Empirical software engineering
- Cognitive aspects in software engineering
- Cognitive science to model human behavior
- Software defect prediction
- Mining data repositories
- Machine learning
- G. Calikli and A. Bener, “Influence of Confirmation Biases of Developers on Software Quality: An Empirical Study“, Software Quality Journal, 2012
- G. Calikli, B. Caglayan, A. Tosun and A. Bener, “Modeling Human Aspects to Enhance Software Quality Management”, 2012 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2012), Orlando Florida, USA, December, 2012.
- A. Tosun. B. Caglayan, G. Calikli, T. Aytac, A. Bener, B. Turhan and H. Erdogmus, “Dione: An Integrated Measurement and Defect Prediction Solution”, 20th International Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering, SIGSOFT 2012/FSE-20, Cary, North Carolina, USA, November, 2012.
- G. Calikli, and A. Bener, “Empirical Analyses of the Factors Affecting Confirmation Bias and the Effects of Confirmation Bias on Software Developer/ Tester Performance”, Promise 2010, Tmisoara, Romania, September, 12-13, 2010.
- G. Calikli, and A. Bener, “Preliminary Analysis of the Effects of Confirmation Bias on Software Defect Density”, ESEM 2010, Bozen, Italy, September, 16-17, 2010.
- G. Calikli, B. Arslan and A. Bener, “Confirmation Bias in Software Development and Testing: An Analysis of the Effects of Company Size, Experience and Reasoning Skills”, 22nd Annual Psychology of Programming Interest Group Workshop, 19-21 September 2010.
- G. Calikli, A. Bener, and B. Arslan, “An Analysis of the Effects of Company Culture, Education and Experience on Confirmation Bias Levels of Software Developers and Testers”, ICSE 2010, May 2-8, Cape Town.
- G. Calikli, A. Tosun, A. Bener, and M. Celik, “The Effect of Granularity Level on Software Defect Prediction", Proceedings of the 24th International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences (ISCIS 2009), pp. 531-536.
- O. Korcak, G. Calikli, I. Kaya and F. Alagöz, “Performance Evaluation of Adaptive and Static Routing Algorithms and Contention Resolution Techniques in LEO Satellite Constellations”, IEEE Recent Advances in Space Technologies RAST2005, June 2005, Istanbul, Turkey.
- G. Calikli and M. U. Caglayan, “A Formal Policy Specification Language for an 802.11 WLAN with Enhanced Security Network”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.3733, Proc. of the 20th International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences, pp.183-192, Springer-Verlag, 2005.
- Automated Confirmation Bias Level Evalution and Metric Extraction System, provisional application, Jan. 2012.
- Gul Calikli, “A Policy Specification Language for an 802.11WLAN with Enhanced Security Network”, Department of Computer Engineering, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2004.
- Gul Calikli, “Improving Performance of Defect Predictors Using Confirmation Bias Metrics”, Department of Computer Engineering, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2011.
- 2005-2011 PhD, Department of Computer Engineering, Bogazici University
- 2002-2005 MS, Department of Computer Engineering, Bogazici University
- 1996-2000 BS, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bogazici University
- 2006 Marktoberdorf Summer School on Software System Reliability and Security, August 1-13, Marktoberdorf, Munchen, Germany.
Current Teaching at Ryerson University
- CITM 102: Business Information Systems 1
GRADUATE (Assisted Course)
- MT 8103: Applied Research Methods 1
Assisted Courses at Bogazici University
- CMPE 150: Introduction to Computing (C)
- CMPE 150: Introduction to Computing (Java)
- CMPE 160: Introduction to Object Oriented Computing
- CMPE 300: Analysis of Algorithms
- CMPE 322: Operating Systems
- CMPE 344: Computer Organization
- CMPE 352: Fundamentals of Software Engineering
- CMPE 450: Software Engineering
- CMPE 451: Project Development in Software Engineering
- CMPE 476: Distributed Systems
- CMPE 550: Advanced Topics in Software Engineering
- CMPE 58M: Software Engineering Economics and Risk Management
- CMPE 589: Software Quality Modeling